The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics (LAE) is seeking proposals from academic and postdoctoral research staff at UK universities and associated research institutions for short pathfinder projects with the following objectives:
- To demonstrate novel approaches to tackling critical manufacturing problems
- To promote technology transfer to and collaboration with industry
- To pump prime new research collaborations and facilitate larger scale collaborative projects.
The proposals should relate to major challenges in innovative manufacturing of Large-Area Electronics that are not currently being addressed and should aim to either
- develop a proposal for a new research programme of significant scale and adventure, or
- facilitate industry collaboration by establishing the technical feasibility of an ambitious new concept.
Proposals are particularly welcome (but not exclusively) in the following areas
- Approaches for customisation of LAE products using digital processing
- Novel integration technologies for LAE and silicon
- Novel approaches to Design for Manufacture for LAE
The intention is that EPSRC Centre involvement will help to create opportunities for new industrial and public sector investment involving the EPSRC Centre to broaden its capabilities and its network. Industry participation is strongly welcomed.
The EPSRC Centre will prioritize a number of projects to commence later this year through this single-stage call. Awards are limited to a maximum of £50,000 at 80% FEC and duration of no more than 6 months. This call will fund a maximum of 6 projects.
Industrial participation in Pathfinder projects through direct funding or in-kind contributions of staff time, facilities access, provision of materials etc is strongly encouraged. No grant funding can be provided to industry participants.
- Call launch: 2 February 2016
- Closing date for applications: 31 March 2016
- Expected start of projects: between July and October 2016
How to apply
Please note that the 2016 call for Pathfinder projects is now closed.
Call documentation and proposal form may be downloaded by following this link. Please read through the Large-Area Electronics Pathfinder Call document for further details and proposal submission guidelines.
A webinar including a Q&A session was held on Thursday February 11th to give prospective applicants an opportunity to learn more about the call and application procedures. A recording of the webinar and the presentation can be accessed from the menu in the sidebar.
- CIMLAE student receives award at International Conference on Pollution Control and Sustainable Environment
- innoLAE 2018 extends the Call for Papers deadline
- 1D-NEON announces the start of their webinar series
- Printed Electronics Insights: Smart Packaging and IoT
- Workshop on Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing