The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics is a partnership between CIKC at the University of Cambridge, the Centre for Plastic Electronics at Imperial College, the Welsh Centre for Printing and Coating at Swansea University and the Organic Materials Innovation Centre at the University of Manchester.
The EPSRC Centre was created to tackle the technical challenges of multifunctional system integration of large-area electronics (LAE) in high growth industrial sectors through an innovative programme of manufacturing research, in a strong partnership with both industry and academia.
The objectives of the EPSRC Centre are to:
- address the technical challenges of low-cost manufacturing of multifunctional LAE systems
- develop a long-term research programme in advanced manufacturing processes aimed at ongoing reduction in manufacturing cost and improvement in system performance
- support the scale-up of technologies and processes developed in and with the EPSRC Centre by UK manufacturing industry
- promote the adoption of LAE technologies by the wider UK electronics manufacturing industry
This EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing brings together four centres of excellence:
- Cambridge Innovations and Knowledge Centre at the University of Cambridge
- Centre for Plastic Electronics at Imperial College London
- Welsh Centre for Printing and Coating at Swansea University
- Organic Materials Innovation Centre at the University of Manchester