EPSRC Centre’s very own Dr Luigi Occhipinti, Edward Tan and Pelumi Oluwasanya, along with Prof Jong Min Kim, University of Cambridge, and Prof SeungNam Cha and Dr Jung Inn Sohn from the University of Oxford, have been selected as one of the top 10 teams for the Merck Displaying Futures Award 2017. Their submitted proposal entitled “Forget smart watches, smart clothes are the future (4Smart)” is advancing to the next round of the competition, which will include participating in a kick-off “boot camp” and pitch day at Merck’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
Flexible hybrid electronic devices enabled by advanced materials was the focus of this year’s Merck Displaying Futures Award. Ultimately, three teams with the most innovative ideas will be selected to receive:
- Extensive mentorship from Merck experts
- Up to US$ 50,000 in cash to further explore the idea
- Access to proprietary Merck materials and Merck’s global network
- A special business curriculum in selected areas to support the team at the beginning, the middle and the end of the 12-month period
We are proud of our team’s accomplishment and wish them the best of luck in the next stage of the process.
- CIMLAE student receives award at International Conference on Pollution Control and Sustainable Environment
- innoLAE 2018 extends the Call for Papers deadline
- 1D-NEON announces the start of their webinar series
- Printed Electronics Insights: Smart Packaging and IoT
- Workshop on Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing