The 4th annual Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference (innoLAE 2018) will be held at the Wellcome Genome Campus Conference Centre in Hinxton, Cambridge, UK on 23-24 January 2018. The conference programme highlights the most innovative and exciting aspects of large-area electronics (including printable, flexible or organic electronics) emerging technologies, their manufacture and the development of products incorporating large-area electronics (LAE). Through innoLAE, we provide a platform to help bring innovation into the market and accelerate take up of new technologies.
In 2017, over 260 delegates representing 140 different organisations in 13 countries attended the three days of conference events. InnoLAE has been particularly successful at attracting an equal balance of delegates from industry and academia, facilitating both dissemination and networking opportunities for researchers and key-decision makers in the LAE community.
- Flexible hybrid electronics (e.g. combination of organic and printed electronics with thinned and unpackaged silicon devices, stretchable hybrid electronics, novel interconnects)
- Emerging materials and devices for large-area electronics (e.g. stretchable, biocompatible and biodegradable substrates, organic and inorganic semiconductors, conductors and novel dielectrics, quantum dots, and magnetic materials)
- Energy harvesting and storage for large-area electronics (e.g. RF, piezo, thermal and solar harvesting, printable batteries and supercapacitors)
- Bio-electronics for applications in healthcare (e.g. biosensors and electronics to interface biological tissue)
- Internet of Things and large-area electronic sensor technologies (e.g. applications of LAE-based sensors for IoT, manufacturing technologies and applications of LAE components and systems for IoT and wireless sensor networks)
- Novel manufacturing paradigms for large-area electronics (e.g. photonic transfer, paper and fibre-based electronics, sheet-to-sheet and roll-to-roll flexible electronics, and novel aspects of metrology, reliability and yield)
- Smart wearables and stretchable/ultra-flexible electronics (e.g. applications of stretchable and ultra-flexible electronic technologies in smart wearables)
- Gain access to key decision-makers in the LAE community
- Learn from representatives of leading companies active in the technology
- Hear the latest results from academic researchers
- Form new partnerships with delegates, exhibitors and speakers
- Network with colleagues at the gala dinner and the drinks reception
Feedback from delegates
"The conference showed clear evidence of fascinating advances in the field and the roadmap from 'blue sky' and lab research to the all-important route to manufacturing and the supply chain...I feel this conference provides a comprehensive picture." - delegate
"Good balance between research and industry driven presentations, good time for networking"
- invited speaker
"Our company exhibited for 3rd year at innoLAE and each year we find new collaborators and partners and I learn something new, which is great" - exhibitor
"Good range of technical subjects" - delegate
"Wide range of topics, good mix of industry" - speaker
"Larger industry participation than last year, good for contacts." - speaker