"Innovations in large-area electronics today will define the technology landscape of tomorrow." Professor John Rogers, Northwestern University, innoLAE2018 keynote
innoLAE has seen delegate and exhibitor numbers growing every year since its inception, as it continues to attract equal and growing interest from industry and academia. This year was no exception.
The three days of innoLAE 2018 events were attended by 263 delegates representing 142 different organisations from 14 countries.
Preceding the main innoLAE conference, CIMLAE, Centre for Process innovation and Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Network organised an industry networking day - Making Connections: accelerating innovation in flexible and hybrid electronics.
This industry day was, once again, well attended and well received. Attracting representatives from 66 companies, this unique event was able to bring together UK leaders in research, technology innovation and manufacturing of printed, flexible and large-area electronics.
The event presented overviews of the field (including technical capabilities, market prospects and funding opportunities), panel discussion, 2-minute pitches by attending companies and a designated networking session.
The innoLAE conference continues to grow in every measure.
The programme committee put together another well-balanced programme, combining scientific excellence, manufacturing advances, commercial opportunity and coverage of the various conference themes. Each day was kick-started by a fantastic keynote address. Internationally renowned Professor John Rogers, of Northwestern University, summarized recent advances in electronic devices that can bend, stretch, twist and be integrated with the human body. Dr Davor Sutija, CEO of Thin Film Electronics ASA and a highly sought-after speaker, addressed the conference on the convergence of the physical and digital worlds - the Internet of Things and the future of smart packaging.
Further details of the presenters, talks and posters may be found in the detailed conference programme.
- The Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference: The first 5 years.
- Large-Area Electronics and the Circular economy – A Call to Action
- Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics exhibits at LOPEC 2019
- The Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference and Exhibition 2019 – Continued growth, increased reach and breaking new ground.
- innoLAE 2019 Poster Prize Winners
- Centre student Pelumi Oluwasanya receives EPSRC Partnership Development Award grant
- Update from the UK’s PlasticArmPit project
- Large-Area Electronics and the Circular Economy