In 2015, the EPSRC Centre held a design competition with product design students at Central St Martins, University of the Arts London. Students submitted product concepts that would display the power and flexibility of large-area electronics (LAE) in an easy-to-use, attractive and compelling way.
We have now developed a working demonstrator based on the concept of an ‘Interactive Sample Book’ – an A4-sized portfolio which contains pages featuring printed functional elements that allow the user to interact with the page. This will be used as a communications tool to illustrate the capabilities of LAE to potential customers, end-users, designers, trade associations, public agencies and other communities interested in the new technology.
The FlexBook has come together as a collaborative effort between the Centre and industrial partners who each contributed working examples of their technology for the demonstrator - Cambridge Display Technology, FlexEnable, PragmatIC, Printed Electronics Limited, Peratech, PST Sensors and the Centre for Process Innovation (part of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult).
InnoLAE 2018 attendees will have a unique opportunity to interact with this working FlexBook demonstrator, as well as the chance to further discuss the technology with the collaborative partners involved - many of whom will have exhibition stands or speaking slots.
- The Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference continues to grow
- Research Assistant/Associate in Gas Sensors Manufacturing and Front-End Electronics Integration
- innoLAE Industry Networking Day
- Large-area electronics FlexBook demonstrator
- Winner of the 2017 Photography Competition
- CIMLAE releases its Annual Report for 2017
- CIMLAE student receives award at International Conference on Pollution Control and Sustainable Environment
- innoLAE 2018 extends the Call for Papers deadline