In 2015, the EPSRC Centre held a design competition with product design students at Central St Martins, University of the Arts London. Students submitted product concepts that would display the power and flexibility of large-area electronics (LAE) in an easy-to-use, attractive and compelling way.
We have now developed a working demonstrator based on the concept of an ‘Interactive Sample Book’ – an A4-sized portfolio which contains pages featuring printed functional elements that allow the user to interact with the page. This will be used as a communications tool to illustrate the capabilities of LAE to potential customers, end-users, designers, trade associations, public agencies and other communities interested in the new technology.
The FlexBook has come together as a collaborative effort between the Centre and industrial partners who each contributed working examples of their technology for the demonstrator - Cambridge Display Technology, FlexEnable, PragmatIC, Printed Electronics Limited, Peratech, PST Sensors and the Centre for Process Innovation (part of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult).
InnoLAE 2018 attendees will have a unique opportunity to interact with this working FlexBook demonstrator, as well as the chance to further discuss the technology with the collaborative partners involved - many of whom will have exhibition stands or speaking slots.
- The Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference: The first 5 years.
- Large-Area Electronics and the Circular economy – A Call to Action
- Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics exhibits at LOPEC 2019
- The Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference and Exhibition 2019 – Continued growth, increased reach and breaking new ground.
- innoLAE 2019 Poster Prize Winners
- Centre student Pelumi Oluwasanya receives EPSRC Partnership Development Award grant
- Update from the UK’s PlasticArmPit project
- Large-Area Electronics and the Circular Economy