Update June 1st 2015: The 2015 Pathfinder Call has now closed to applications. We will announce details of the 2016 call early next year.
The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics (LAE) is seeking proposals from academic and postdoctoral research staff at UK universities and associated research institutions for short pathfinder projects with the following objectives:
- To demonstrate novel approaches to tackling critical manufacturing problems
- To promote technology transfer to and collaboration with industry
- To pump prime new research collaborations and facilitate larger scale collaborative projects.
The proposals should relate to major challenges in innovative manufacturing of Large-Area Electronics that are not currently being addressed and should aim to either
- develop a proposal for a new research programme of significant scale and adventure, or
- facilitate industry collaboration by establishing the technical feasibility of an ambitious new concept.
The intention is that EPSRC Centre involvement will help to create opportunities for new industrial and public sector investment involving the EPSRC Centre to broaden its capabilities and its network. Industry participation is strongly welcomed.
The EPSRC Centre will prioritise a number of projects to commence later this year through this single-stage call. Awards are limited to a maximum of £50,000 at 80% FEC and duration of no more than 6 months. This call will fund a maximum of 6 projects.
- Call launch: 17 April 2015
- Closing date for applications: 31 May 2015
- Expected start of projects: between July and October 2015
How to apply
Call documentations may be downloaded from the link below
Please read through the Large-Area Electronics Pathfinder Call document for further details and proposal submission guidelines. Application forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st 2015.
A webinar including a Q&A session was held on Thursday April 30th to give prospective applicants an opportunity to learn more about the call and application procedures.
Download Pathfinder files
- CIMLAE student receives award at International Conference on Pollution Control and Sustainable Environment
- innoLAE 2018 extends the Call for Papers deadline
- 1D-NEON announces the start of their webinar series
- Printed Electronics Insights: Smart Packaging and IoT
- Workshop on Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing