The innolae 2019 programme has been expanded to include a workshop focused on the evolution of electronic textiles for wearable applications. The presence of both academic and industrial players in the field will facilitate productive cross-disciplinary debate and steer the direction of this rapidly evolving field towards industrially relevant large area electronic applications, targeting markets which have most to benefit from this new technology - such as wellbeing, sports and healthcare.
This workshop is ideal for researchers and innovators from academia and industry interested in the fields of stretchable and wearable electronics, healthcare and bio-sensing applications, functional fibres and smart textiles in general.
The session format will include presentations from academics and commercial companies active in the technology, a panel discussion and opportunity for delegate questions and interaction.
Current speakers include:
- Dr Felice Torrisi, lecturer at the University of Cambridge, will be chairing the workshop. His research focuses on graphene, two-dimensional materials (GRM) and nanomaterials for novel printed and wearable electronic devices and smart textiles
- Professor Tilak Dias, Nottingham Trent University, will talk about integration and weaving strategies for electronic textiles.
- James Hayward, Principal Analyst at IDTechEx, will present the latest trends and case studies on the integration of flexible and stretchable electronics into wearable devices
- Kay Ullrich, Representative R&D (Smart Textiles) at TITV Greiz, will present insights on working with smart textiles – discussing materials, processes, products and their testing
- Mark Pedley, founder and Chief Innovation Officer of Smartlife, will describe garments for monitoring well-being.
- Paul Molyneux, Joint founder at Metier Cycling, will discuss the technical details, challenges and dynamics involved in creating a new innovative product for the cycling market in less than 12 months.
Browse the innoLAE speaker page for further details on these and other conference speakers.
Keep an eye on this page and our social media platforms for further speaker announcements.